The following are certain general terms and conditions governing advertising published in the print and digital editions of mg Magazine (the “Magazine”) published by Inc Media (the “Publisher”).
1. Magazine rates are based on an average circulation, effective with the issue dated January 2021. Announcement of any change in rates and/or circulation rate base will be made in advance of the Magazine’s advertising sales close date of the first issue to which such rates and/or circulation rate base will be applicable. The Magazine Rate Card specifies the publication schedule and its on-sale dates.
2. The Magazine’s circulation is by request and is audited annually by the United States Postal Service (USPS). Total audited circulation is reported on an issue-by-issue basis in Publisher’s Statements. Total audited circulation for the Magazine is composed of requested copies, paid copies, plus any additional issues distributed.
3. An advertiser running a full-run qualifying advertisement in the Magazine will automatically run in the print and digital editions (if available) of the Magazine, unless the advertiser explicitly, in writing, opts out of running in the digital edition, either on the insertion order or via email, by no later than the ad close date. In the event advertiser opts out of running in the digital edition of the Magazine for any reason other than legal or regulatory considerations advertiser reasonably believes would prevent the advertisement from running in the digital edition, such advertiser’s ad placement no longer will be deemed a “full-run” buy, and advertiser therefore will not be entitled to the benefits of advertising on a full-run basis (by way of example and not limitation, the advertisement would not be eligible for credits and may not be considered for premium placement). If an advertiser elects to opt out of the digital edition, such opt-out will apply to all devices and platforms. The digital edition of the Magazine may be viewed in one of two formats: (i) a straight-from-print magazine format, which is an exact reproduction of the design and content of the print version of the Magazine (“Printed Version”), or (ii) a designed-for-digital/enhanced magazine format, in which the design of the Magazine has been optimized for viewing on the device on which it is displayed (“Digital Version”), depending on, among other things, the device and/or platform on which it is viewed. Please consult a representative for details of format availability. Certain advertisements that are not standard run-of-book advertisements may not qualify to run in the digital version, including but not limited to scented units and special units (such as pop-ups, die-cuts, special effects, and business reply cards). Additionally, with respect to the Digital Version, non-standard fractionals (such as fractionals that are less than a full page) may not qualify. In all cases, please consult a representative for details. Qualifying advertisements, depending on various factors including but not limited to the device and/or platform on which they are viewed, may be viewed in an altered format. If a URL or multiple URLs exist in qualifying advertisement print creative, the brand’s main URL may or may not be automatically activated. If advertiser does not wish for the URL to be activated, it must notify a representative in writing. Please consult a representative for further details regarding URL activation availability.
4. Advertisers may not cancel orders for, or make changes to, advertising after the closing dates of the Magazine. Should an advertiser, for any reason whatsoever, request an ad not run or be replaced, advertiser shall be responsible for full cost of advertisement plus an additional kill fee of $400 or artwork replacement fee of $200.
5. The Publisher is not responsible for errors or omissions in any advertising materials provided by the advertiser or its agency (including errors in key numbers) or for changes made after closing dates.
6. The Publisher may reject or cancel any advertising for any reason at any time. Advertisements simulating a magazine’s editorial material in appearance or style or that are not immediately identifiable as advertisements are not acceptable.
7. Relating to artwork and advertising materials: All print advertisements (which must be in the form of PDF files and digital proofs) provided by or on behalf of the advertiser must comply with Publisher’s Technical Specifications and the advertising guidelines as outlined in the Terms and Conditions. Publisher may reject for publication any advertisements that are not compliant with the Technical Specifications. The technical compliance of advertisements provided by the advertiser for publication in Digital Versions remains the responsibility of the advertiser. Advertiser is responsible for the inclusion of any state–or federal–mandated legal copy relating to the advertisement of cannabis products or services. Publisher accepts no responsibility and shall have no liability to the advertiser, for any consequences where any materials provided to Publisher do not comply with regulations. Advertiser is aware the digital and printed Publication is distributed to all states within the United States and abroad. If the advertiser does not provide a PDF file and digital proof of the relevant advertisements by the Artwork Deadline Date, Publisher is entitled (but not obliged) to re-publish any advertisements previously published in the publication or online. Publisher shall be under no obligation to review or make corrections to any pre- or post-publication advertisement. All Digital Advertisements intended for publication online or within digitally distributed newsletters must comply with federal regulations and meet the Artwork Specifications and Technical Requirements.
8. All advertisements, including without limitation those for which the Publisher has provided creative services, accepted and published in the Magazine or online are subject to the representation by the agency and/or advertiser that they are authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter thereof in all applicable editions, formats, and derivations of the Magazine or website. In consideration of the publication of advertisements, the advertiser and agency will, jointly and severally, indemnify, defend, and hold the Publisher harmless from and against any and all losses and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) (collectively, “Losses”) arising from the publication of such advertisements in all applicable editions, formats, and derivations of the Magazine or website, including, without limitation, those arising from third-party claims or suits for defamation, copyright or trademark infringement, misappropriation, unfair competition, violation of the Lanham Act or any rights of privacy or publicity, or any unfair commercial practice or misleading advertising or impermissible comparative advertising or from any and all claims or regulatory breaches now known or hereafter devised or created (collectively “Claims”). In the event the Publisher has agreed to provide contest or sweepstakes management services, email design, distribution, or other promotional services in connection with an advertising commitment by advertiser, all such services are performed upon the warranty of the agency and/or advertiser that they will, jointly and severally, indemnify and hold the Publisher harmless from and against any and all Losses arising out of the publication, use, or distribution of any materials, products (including, without limitation, prizes) or services provided by or on behalf of the agency and/or advertiser, their agents and employees, including, without limitation, those arising from any Claims.
9. General: Agency and/or advertiser accepts full responsibility for the advertisement submitted to Publisher and warrants that all artwork supplied shall be neither defamatory nor obscene and shall comply in all respects with federal and state laws and meet requirements of the SSIA Code of Advertising Ethics and/or other relevant industry codes. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary set out herein, Publisher is entitled, at its absolute discretion, to reject or exclude any advertisements submitted for publication notwithstanding the Publisher’s previous acceptance of the relevant advertiser’s order, whether or not the advertisement has previously been accepted for publication, or previously published. Publisher shall not be liable for any errors that are outside Publisher’s control, including printing or distribution issues. Any complaint concerning the production or publication of any advertisement must be made in writing to Publisher within four weeks of the relevant Publication Date. Should printing errors occur, Publisher shall make every effort to rectify related errors and reprint advertiser’s advertisement in a subsequent issue. Publisher will exercise reasonable care in preparing and publishing advertisements, but if any advertisement is not published in accordance with the booking confirmation issued by Publisher due to the act or omission of Publisher, Publisher’s maximum liability shall be limited to the amount of any payment made for the relevant advertisement. Publisher shall not be liable in any manner to the advertiser for any error, misprint, or omission that does not materially detract from the look or meaning of any advertisement, nor shall Publisher be liable to the advertiser for any such error, misprint or omission to the extent attributable to the advertiser’s non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions. Advertiser may not sell or transfer advertisement, advertising contract, or advertising credits to any other person, entity, or organization without Publisher’s written consent.
10. In consideration of the Publisher’s reviewing for acceptance, or acceptance of, any advertising for publication in the Magazine or online, the agency and/or advertiser agree not to make promotional or merchandising reference to the Magazine or website in any way without the prior written permission of the Publisher in each instance.
11. No conditions, printed or otherwise, appearing on contracts, orders, or copy instructions which conflict with, vary, or add to these Terms and Conditions or the provisions of the Magazine’s Rate Card will be binding on the Publisher, and to the extent, the Terms and Conditions contained herein are inconsistent with any such conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall govern and supersede any such conditions.
12. Unless otherwise noted on the Insertion Order or Advertising Contract, the Publisher has the right to insert the advertising anywhere in the Magazine at its discretion, and any condition on contracts, orders, or copy instructions involving the placement of advertising within an issue of the Magazine (such as page location, competitive separation, or placement facing editorial copy) will be treated as a positioning request only and cannot be guaranteed. The Publisher will attempt to keep the same running order of advertisements in the digital edition as they appeared in the print edition, but the Publisher does not make any adjacency guarantees or other promises regarding competitive separation in any reprints or alternate versions.
13. The Publisher shall not be subject to any liability whatsoever for any failure to publish or circulate all or any part of any issue(s) of the Magazine because of governmental regulation, strikes, work stoppages, accidents, fires, acts of God, or any other circumstances not within the control of the Publisher.
14. If an advertiser is booking advertisements through an authorized advertising agency, commission may be paid to the agency at Publisher’s discretion. Fees shall be based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, volume, frequency, and client base.
15. Invoices are rendered on or about 20 days prior to publication. Payments are due upon receipt of invoice. Payment for advertisement must be received 10 days prior to publication date. If payment is not received prior to publication date, Publisher reserves the right to pull the advertiser’s advertisement. If advertisement is a print ad for the Magazine, advertiser shall remain liable for the full price of ad plus the Kill Fee of $400. The Publisher reserves the right to charge interest each month on the unpaid balance at the rate of 1.5%, or if such rate is not permitted by applicable law, at the highest rate so permitted by applicable law, determined and compounded daily from the due date until the date paid. The Publisher further reserves the right to change the payment terms to cash-with-order at any time. The advertiser and/or agency are jointly and severally liable for payment of all invoices for advertising. Cancellation of any Advertising Contract or Insertion Order must be (A) in writing and (B) submitted to the publisher no less than four (4) weeks prior to the final submission of the advertising on standard position advertisements; and no less than twelve (12) weeks prior to any premium positioned advertisement. In the event of a late cancellation, a cancellation fee of 75% will be charged. Should Advertiser receive any rate discounts related to a frequency contract and cancel prior to the agreed-upon term specified in the Insertion Order, advertising rates shall be pro-rated at the actual run rate and may be subject to a Kill Fee based upon date of cancellation.
16. All information relating to an advertiser’s advertising contract, including rates and frequency, shall be considered Confidential Information and neither advertiser nor agency may disclose such information without obtaining the Publisher’s prior written consent.
17. Any and all negotiated advertiser discounts are only applicable to and available during the period in which they are earned. Rebates resulting from any and all earned advertiser discount adjustments must be used within the contracted period as outlined in the Insertion Order.
18. Both Publisher and Advertiser warrant they will observe their respective obligations in connection with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall be construed under, and governed by, the laws of the State of California, and any disputes shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration. The arbitrator shall be selected in accordance with the rules of Arts Arbitration and Mediation Services. If such services are not available, the dispute shall be submitted to arbitration in accordance with the laws of the State of California. The arbitrator’s award shall be final, and judgment may be entered upon it by any court having jurisdiction thereof.
19. Additional copies of the Magazine are available to advertisers upon request. Please contact your representative to request back issues or additional copies. Any correspondence by mail may be sent to: Inc Media, c/o mg Magazine, 23055 Sherman Way, No. 5069, West Hills, CA 91308 (310) 421-1860. Inc Media is a dba of Incunabulum, LLC a Delaware company with corporate offices located in California.
20. If a third party either acquires or is acquired by advertiser during the term of an Insertion Order, any advertising placed by such third party in an issue of the Magazine that closed prior to the date of acquisition will not contribute to advertiser’s earning discounts.
21. Publisher reserves the right to modify these terms.
NOTE: All magazine publishing dates and themes are subject to change at any time. Not all themes will have dedicated cover features; however, all magazine issues will have at least a cover promotion. Cover features are affected by many factors including, but not limited to, readership surveys, newsstand feedback, and editorial considerations.