CannTrust Introduces Phoena, the Company’s New Corporate Name

CannTrust Logo white background cann in green trust in black to the left of the text is a green medical cross
Logo: CannTrust

VAUGHAN, ON — CannTrust Equity Inc. (the “Company” or “Phoena”) (unlisted), today marks the start of a new era for the Company by announcing its new corporate name, Phoena Holdings Inc. (pronounced Fee-nah).

“This is a truly exciting and transformative time for our Company,” said Greg Guyatt, Chief Executive Officer, “Phoena reflects who we are today – stronger, more experienced and more focused – and forms the foundation for our future success as we enter the next era of our evolution. While our name is new, the core values we have developed over the last two years are the same, as are the great products and experiences our consumers and patients have come to expect.”


The name Phoena is derived from the word “phenotype” which describes the traits taken from a plant’s genetic code that we use to merge nature, purpose, and science to produce the best cannabis products on the market. We are dedicated to ensuring that every product, every initiative and every activity lives up to the name.

Phoena is committed to delivering experiences that enhance life and help patients and consumers be their best, with a continued emphasis on quality, consistency and support. Phoena will continue to build on the success of the Liiv, SYNR.G, Xscape and estora brands in both the recreational and medical channels, with no changes expected to current operations.

Phoena Holdings Inc. is 90% owned by a group of investors led by Marshall Fields International B.V., a subsidiary of Kenzoll B.V. with the remaining 10% owned by CannTrust Holdings Inc. (“CannTrust”).  Phoena is continuing to review alternatives for becoming a reporting issuer and obtaining a stock exchange listing for Phoena’s common shares, and will provide further updates on this initiative as they become available.

About Phoena

Phoena is an award-winning, federally regulated licensed cannabis producer, with locations in Vaughan and Fenwick, Ontario. We operate a portfolio of well-known brands, including estora, Liiv, SYNR.G and Xscape.

We are committed to providing exceptional consumer experience, quality products and consistency. Our greenhouse produces Grade A cannabis flower, which is sold in a variety of dried flower and extract formats.

Phoena creates cannabis products that meet the diverse needs of patients and consumers, promoting positivity, supporting creativity, and inspiring confidence.

Phoena, empowering you every day.

Learn more at

Previous articleBoulder Creek Technologies Boosts Hemp Extraction Capabilities for Red Mesa Science & Refining
Next articleSeed & Smith Launches Infused Pre-Roll Product Line