VANCOUVER, British Columbia – With a renewed vision, leading voices, signature ah-ha! moments, and a focus on the unique needs of audiences across the full cannabis ecosystem, Lift Vancouver 2023 brought together thousands of cannabis industry members and consumers and exceeded expectations, truly lifting the cannabis community that gathered at the Vancouver Convention Centre from January 12-14.
“After a three-year hiatus, the Lift team was excited to convene the first cannabis industry event of the year with a high-energy expo floor, engaging speakers, lively networking, and a strong element of community,” says Lindsay Roberts, Portfolio Lead, Lift Events & Experiences. “We are so appreciative of the support we received in Vancouver.
“In addition, we extend special thanks to our Indigenous and legacy participants,” says Roberts. “Opening the conference and expo with dedications from Dennis Thomas-Whonoak, Elected Councillor, Tsleil-Waututh Nation (People of the Inlet) and Xwelmexw Shxwexwo:s (Salish Thunderbird) reinforced our love and respect for both the plant and the planet.”
Last but certainly not least, Roberts notes that Lift debuted its new super-charged budtender and consumer programs at the event, which featured multiple dedicated lounge areas, engaging panels and demonstrations, and myriad opportunities for new brand and product discovery.
- Strategy-focused and advocacy-oriented Lift Cannabis Business Conference
- 115 exhibitors and 30,000 sf of exhibit and show feature space
- 3,257 individuals in attendance
- 130+ leading-edge speakers and educational sessions
- Private screening of “Frenchy Dreams of Hashish” benefiting the Origins Council
- New features including the Brand Pavilion, Outdoor Networking Lounge & Speakers’ Corner
- Enhanced budtender and consumer features
- Live entertainment including a drum performance by Xwelmexw Shxwexwo:s (Salish Thunderbird)
- Lift Official After Party at historic Vancouver venue, Lamplighter Pub
- 20+ Lift affiliated after hours networking events throughout Vancouver
- Keynote Speaker: Eric Costen, senior assistant deputy minister and lead, Cannabis Industry Sector, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Andrea Dobbs, owner, Village Bloomery
- Darwin Douglas, CEO, All Nations
- Kimberly Hooks, (aka Madame Cannoli), CEO, Frenchy Cannoli Brand
- Mike “El Hasho” Imposimato, Ghost Drops
- Spensir Sangara, founder, THC Canada
- George Smitherman, CEO, Cannabis Council of Canada
- Dennis Thomas-Whonoak, elected councilor, Tsleil-Waututh Nation (People of the Inlet)
- Additional speaker highlights are here.
- Cannabis Leadership: Setting the Course for Canadian Cannabis Economic Development
- The Team Canada Approach: Identifying Laws to Change, Rewrite or Throw Out
- Stand for Craft: How Small Cannabis Producers Can Succeed
- Indigenous Cannabis: Blending Business, Tradition & Opportunity
- Culinary Cannabis: Cannabis Dining & Good Fun Food
- Joint Rolling 101: Demonstration & Tutorial
- Sex Ed: The Intersection of Cannabis & Women’s Sexual Health
- Lift Toronto: June 1-3, 2023, Metro Toronto Convention Centre
- Lift San Francisco: August 2-4, 2023, Moscone Center
Space applications for Lift Toronto are open. San Francisco applications will open shortly, and attendee registration for both events will open in the spring.