SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Dr. Greenhouse, a leading agriculture and mechanical engineering design firm providing state-of-the-art HVAC design and controls for high-quality crops in indoor grows, vertical farms and greenhouses, will lead a two-day intensive workshop to promote the efficient production of locally grown crops. The workshop will be held on May 5-6, 2022 at the historic Clunie Center in Sacramento, and it is open to architects, engineers, contractors, facility owners and operators, and other stakeholders involved in crop production and distribution.
Event Overview and Programming
The 2-day workshop provides a strong foundation in plant physiology, HVAC design and controls for optimal plant environments. Key take-aways of the workshop include:
· How to budget and plan for HVAC needs and priorities
· Fundamentals of plant physiology, evapotranspiration rates and facility thermodynamics
· VPD, cooling and dehumidification
· HVAC systems pros and cons
· Operational strategies to reduce energy and water use
· How to collect and analyze environmental data
In addition to Dr. Nadia Sabeh’s 8-part series on HVAC fundamentals, the workshop will include the following expert
· Dr. Alex Guenther, Senior Scientist for Byers Emissions Analysis and Professor of Earth System Science at UC Riverside
· Dr. Hope Jones, Co-founder and CEO of Emergent Cannabis Sciences
Dr. Greenhouse 2-Day HVAC Workshop
May 5-6, 2022 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (on-site vertical farm tour and discussion on May 4)
Clunie Center, 601 Alhambra Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95816
Registration details can be viewed here.
About Dr. Greenhouse, Inc.
Dr. Greenhouse, Inc. is a Sacramento-based agricultural and mechanical engineering firm specializing in the design of HVAC systems for indoor plant environments. The firm is led by Dr. Nadia Sabeh, a recognized subject matter expert in the field of controlled environment agriculture (CEA). Dr. Greenhouse helps farmers efficiently control their environments, allowing them to produce high-quality crops within indoor grows, vertical farms and greenhouses. Dr. Greenhouse has provided expert early-stage programming and mechanical design for 150 facilities around the world.